Thursday 12 March 2009

Sam Millar To Move Into Belfast Central Library


Most writers wisely invest time into readings and signings to launch a new book, which is great for the fans, and I think the majority of writers enjoy it too. I don't believe I've ever seen anything as hardcore as this, though. Sam Millar will have to invest in a couple of cases of Red Bull to keep him going through his busy schedule over the coming weeks:


Wednesdays/Thursdays 2pm to 4pm, 18th, 19th, 25th, 26th. Members of the general public will be invited to come and meet Sam, and talk about their memories of Belfast Central Library.

Open Mic Poetry Event on Tuesday, March 31 at 7pm in Chapter One Cafe, chaired by Sam.

City Tales Storytelling Event Tuesday April 23rd with Fra Gunn and Sam 8pm

A major reading event will take place on March 25th from 6-8pm. It will have an invited audience of reading group members from all the Belfast libraries, but also be open to the general public and be free. Sam will be reading a chapter, exclusively from his new book, The Dark Place due out this year. This is the follow-up to his best-selling and critically acclaimed Bloodstorm.

Sam will also be doing a six-week crime writing workshop beginning on March 26th –April 30th, at 4:30-6:30 in the CWN Boardroom. It is advised to book early for this, as places will be limited and we expect a great deal of interest.
Quite a bit going on there, eh?

Hopefully I'll get to attend a couple of these things. The writing workshop sounds very interesting...

3 comments:

Stuart Neville said...

Several people have been telling me to get on Twitter. I barely get the time to look after my Blogger and Facebook accounts, and MySpace has fallen by the wayside, so I have yet to make the leap. I shall watch your sidebar with interest.

Stuart Neville said...

Ah. I put this in the wrong thread. D'oh!

Gerard Brennan said...

Stuart - Go on, man. Do it. All the cool kids are there. Josephine Damian and everyone.

I'm not sure if I've got into the swing of it properly yet, but it's been the least time-sucking utility I've signed up to.

gb