Tuesday 10 March 2009

Critical Mick Does The Charitable Thing



This just in from Critical Mick Halpin (Well, it came in a couple of nights ago, but I've been busy, right?):



This month, I am hoping to put some of the signed Irish crime titles that I have accumulated into the hands of fellow book fans, and raise some much-needed dough for the Alzheimer Society of Ireland. The first book is up for bids on ebay.ie already, with five more that will follow every few days. (If there are tons of hits, I have a slightly more ambitious Phase Two planned... stay tuned!) The best bit: I'm paying all shipping and charges and my employer matches charitable contributions penny for penny, so double the full winning bid will go directly to the ASI. Full details and links to the relevant eBay pages can be found here.

So what are you waiting for? Of the six on offer right now, I'd most highly recommend Neville Thompson's Have Ye No Homes To Go To? and The Secret World of the Irish Male by Joseph O'Connor, in that order.

Happy bidding!


No comments: