Thursday 26 February 2009

Fancy a Link?


I've been a bit busy the last few days putting the finishing touches on the screenplay. It's just been delivered to Northern Ireland Screen. One project down (for now), seventy-six(ish) to go.

So, what's been going on in the blogosphere since I've had my head buried in the script?

Well, I've been unforgiveably remiss in failing to mention Mike Stone's excellent news. He's only gone and announced that he's working with super-agent Nat Sobel! I've read the first of the YA trilogy he's putting together, and I tell you, this news was a long time coming. Congrats, Mike. Just remember, I need your help on this Irish mythology anthology, so no slacking off to work on your career.

Declan Burke is on a roll over at Crime Always Pays. Today's post and yesterday's post both make for great reading. Today he's talking about reviewers and hints at their responsibilities, and yesterday he was trying to figure out if he could ever bring himself to not write. Pfft. Good luck with that, Dec. You're as hooked as the rest of us bitter, twisted fools.

And finally, Reed Farrel Coleman put in a guest appearance at the Busted Flush Press blog. A very thought-provoking look at crime fiction reflecting in true crime. It fair gave me pause for thought. Brian McGilloway treaded familiar territory in a Crime Always Pays post quite some time ago. Something to think about, eh?

But the mood is lifted slightly by the revelation of the cover for Reed's collaboration with Ken Bruen; The Tower.

That'll do you for now.

6 comments:

adrian mckinty said...

Congrats Mike. Ah stuff this, I'm going over there to congrat him in person.

Michael Stone said...

Gerard, Adrian -- thanks.

Stuart Neville said...

Congrats to Mike from me too - I can confirm he'll be in good hands.

Gerard Brennan said...

Adrian - Good man.

Mike - No bother.

Stuart - You rock.

gb

adrian mckinty said...

GB

Oh and congrats to you on the play.

Soon you'll be too fancy for us, hobnobbing with all your new literary pals.

Gerard Brennan said...

Adrian - Thanks, man.

Yup, I'll be drinking at the John Hewitt in no time.

gb