Thursday 18 September 2008

Radio Boy


Back in July, BBC Radio Ulster's The Book Programme ran a story on the boom in Northern Irish crime fiction. They kindly got in touch with me and asked me to take part. I did a wee bit of blathering for them and they edited in such a way that I came across almost intelligibly. It's amazing what they can do these days.

Anyway, usually the BBC listen again links only stay live for seven days, and that was indeed the case for the episode I appeared in. But yesterday I was having a look around The Book Programme website to see if there was a new series coming along any time soon. Much to my surprise, the links to the previous series are now live again! So, if you missed it the first time around, you can listen again, see?

Just go to The Book Progrgamme's web page and click on the Maeve Binchy episode. The crime fiction piece is about fifteen minutes in, just in case you haven't time to listen to the whole show.

Go on, click the link. What else do you have to do?

2 comments:

adrian mckinty said...

Finally got a chance to listen to that. Well done Ger. You and Dave Torrans are fighting the good fight.

I was poking around the website for other stuff too. Isnt it weird just how many accents there are in Northern Ireland? At least five or six by my count.

Gerard Brennan said...

Hey, cheers, man. Thanks for listening. I had plugged your work and a few others, but they were lost in the edit.

Hey, you know, they recorded that the day you read from The Bloomsday Dead on Arts Extra, and had your booklaunch at No Alibis, and signed my Forsythe trilogy. That was a good day.

Aye, the accent thing here is mad. People I meet from other countries are always amused by that. I wonder how that happens?

gb