Tuesday 27 July 2010

Sex, Dubs and Rock 'n' Roll


Thought I'd share the cover of an upcoming anthology one of my short stories has made it into. Purty, ain't it? Edited by Maxim Jakubowski, SITC: Dublin also features stories by Ken Bruen, Colin Bateman, Sean Black, Stella Duffy and others... Pretty good company, am I right?

The collection, I'm very reliably informed, is due back from the printers in a matter of weeks and is on schedule for a September release. It can already be pre-ordered now at Amazon, though...

And in other quite related news, I've also managed to blag my way into the Best British Crime antho (the 8th volume) that features crime fiction stories published in 2009. My story's a crazy little tale of Rock 'n' Roll excess. This collection is also edited by Maxim Jakubowski and the 7th volume had stories by Alexander McCall Smith, Colin Dexter, Christopher Fowler, Robert Barnard, Anne Perry, Peter Lovesey, Ken Bruen and Allan Guthrie. I'm more than a little excited about this sale. Can't wait to see the table of contents for this new one. I heard a rumour that Nick Quantrill has a story in it but that's all so far...

14 comments:

BV Lawson said...

Congrats, Gerard! I'll be on the lookout for both anthologies, which look like terrific reading (and will likely post a note about them in my blog). Speaking of blogs, I totally understand your need to scale back a bit. Blogging by itself can almost be a full-time job, and nonpaying at that. I've enjoyed "Crime Scene NI" and look forward to your more "authorial" posts, as well.

John L. Murphy / "FionnchĂș" said...

Good to see this. If you're interested in a review, I'm here.

seana graham said...

You're cooking with gas, Gerard. I'm curious--is this tale of rock and roll excess one we might have learned about through this blog awhile back? Or is it just one of a multitude of tales of rock and roll excess you have yet to fully divulge?

Michael Stone said...

A very impressive brace of sales, mate. Well done.

Alan Griffiths said...

Great news Gerard and many congratulations. Well done sir!

Kind regards.

Stuart Neville said...

Well done, you're in very fine company in both those anthologies. Congratulations!

Gerard Brennan said...

BV - I really appreciate that. I'll be keeping an eye out over at In Reference to Murder.

John - I'll be sure to put your name forward to the editor.

Seana - Thanks! Yup, that's the one, though I'd like to do a few more stories in a similar vein when I've hammered the first draft of this pesky novel.

Mike - Why, thank you.

Alan - Cheers!

Stuart - I think you're right, man. Thanks.

gb

seana graham said...

Oddly, I read that first as "I'd like to write a few more stories in that veing when I'm hammered". Which you might need to be, I'd think.

Sean Patrick Reardon said...

Great news Gerard. You are among some great company. Couldn't be happier for you!

colin bateman said...

And I'll be joining you in both of those anthologies. We're taking over the world one province at a time....

seana graham said...

I wish you would.

Gerard Brennan said...

Seana - Like I need another excuse to get hammered. I just need time... and permission and a babysitter, I guess. I'm so not rock 'n' roll any more.

Sean - Thanks, sir.

Colin - You're in the Best British Crime one as well? Happy days! Let world domination commence...

Cheers

gb

JamTheCat said...

My best wishes to you, Gerard. I'll be ordering a copy to see what it's like. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your double hit. Looking forward to reading or writing reviews of them.

Blogger is blocking openID for me, so just letting you know it's
www.blackwatertown.wordpress.com