Tuesday 22 April 2008

Been Tagged

I don't normally do these things, but it's about books...

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

I've picked up The Semantics of Murder by Aifric Campbell. Garbhan Downey's Yours Confidentially was closer, but I haven't read page 123 yet and don't want to risk spoilers. Aifric Campbell's was next closest.

The snippet reads, "'I watch Detective Green and his boys haul out of their cars. I say something. I don't remember what.'"

Not really representative of the style of the book. I'd hoped it'd be a beautiful fragment of her expert prose, but hey, I'll talk about that in my review.

Rhian from IT'S A CRIME!(OR A MYSTERY...) did this to me. I'm still a newbie around these parts, but it looks like all the folk I've had contact with on blogger have already been tagged. The buck stops here.

2 comments:

colman said...

I'll play but I don't know 5 people,

"Don't be a soft twat," scoffed Psycho dismissively."We've all had a go at this, it's fucking brilliant, I promise you."He put a large hand into the small of Courtenay's back and guided him towards the refrigerators.
FOXTROT OSCAR from CHARLIE OWEN - follow up to last years HORSE'S ARSE, an absolute laugh out loud read..the sort that attracts funny looks on public transport

Gerard Brennan said...

That's the spirit! Cheers, Colman.

gb