Sunday 12 October 2008

Double Feature

Me and Dec Burke made the pages of The Irish News last weekend. Okay, it was one page, but still pretty darn impressive, if you ask me. Tony Bailie did the pair of us proud with this extra slick feature on Irish Crime Fiction from both sides of the border. By the way, Tony's no slouch himself when it comes to fiction. His book, The Lost Chord, deserves a place in that article, but the guy was way too modest to allow it.

Anyway, wanna know what we're banging on about? Well, if you click on the pic below you can read it, thanks to my web genius buddy, Gareth Watson.



And, yes, I know what you're thinking. How come the handsome one got the smaller pic? I'm not sure, but I think it was down to the quality of my camera. Dec got a pro to take his. I just asked me missus to take a quick snap. Some of us need more help than other, you know?

12 comments:

Michael Stone said...

Nothing happens when I click on the pic. Wah!

Gerard Brennan said...

Ach, I'm gonna email Gareth. He'll know what to do.

Cheers

gb

adrian mckinty said...

My brother Gareth? What's he got to do with it? And how are you going to email him, he's in Iraq?

Gerard Brennan said...

Adrian - Nah, not your fellah. I'm talking about my brother from another mother, Gareth Watson. He's not in Iraq. You'll find him in a County Armagh village messing around with html and Dream Weaver. He's the genius behind many great websites. Like this one.

gb

adrian mckinty said...

Ger

If you're ever faced with problems relating to a country-wide counter insurgency then you should call my brother, but computers, no, can't help.

Gerard Brennan said...

Adrian - I'll keep him in mind, though. Come the day I take over this spinning rock, guys like your Gareth will be very useful.

gb

Anonymous said...

link does not work

Gerard Brennan said...

Anonymous - Aye, the link is awaiting intercession from a friend who knows more about these things. I'll repost it when the solution arrives. In the meantime, you can read the text from the article in the post above.

Cheers

gb

Declan Burke said...

Size doesn't matter, Gerard - don't you listen to your missus? Besides, bigger pics make for bigger targets. I'll get my darts ... Cheers, Dec

adrian mckinty said...

What is this - a Frankie Howard sketch? I thought this was a serious crime blog and all we're getting is 1970's style innuendo. For shame.

And besides everybody knows that it's who has fathered the most children that really counts.

Gerard Brennan said...

Dec - You can't see it, but I've raised my eyebrow. Welcome back, though. Still waiting on the big roadtrip post.

Adrian - We'll get that standard back up soon. Now, in fact, as I've not had me coffee yet and can't think of puerile retort.

Cheers

gb

adrian mckinty said...

"get that standard back up" ooh er missus