Thursday 14 June 2018

Upcoming Events


Lit Crawl Belfast:

As part of the Belfast Book Festival, come to No Alibis see me and Rosemary Jenkinson read from works by our favourite crime authors, as well as from our own, on Saturday 16th June at 6pm.

I plan to read from The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett and an excerpt from Edgar Allan Poe's story, The Tell-Tale Heart. I've been practising and timing my readings and everything, because the lovely Jan Carson warned me not to run over my time-slot, and I'd prefer it if she didn't have to tell me off.

I know after watching the recent Novel Ideas video featuring Rosemary that she's a great reader (as you'd expect from a playwright of her calibre) and I'm really looking forward to hearing her read from her new short story collection Catholic Boy. And to getting my copy signed.

Bangor Library DowNoir:

And I'll be reading, Q&Aing and strumming at Bangor Library on Thursday 21st of June at 7:30pm (not the 19th as I mistakenly advertised on my latest podcast episode!) with Simon Maltman.

I'm a fan of Simon Maltman's work, and particularly enjoyed the Bongo Fury novellas. They're lean, mean, fast and fearless. I imagine he'll be reading from his latest novel, A Kill for the Poet, which I know will be a treat. And he's a much better singer and guitarist than me, so that'll be good for keeping my troublesome ego in check.

Be there or be quare disappointed.



No comments: