Monday 8 September 2014

In the morning, he was hungover (allegedly)

A favourite of CSNI, one Mr Adrian McKinty, is now the proud bearer of the Ned Kelly Award for his novel, In The Morning I'll Be Gone. I've stated for the record that the third installment of the Sean Duffy series is the best of the bunch, in my opinion. But then, I'd hardly state somebody else's opinion, would I?

Here's a fun picture McKinty shared the morning after the night before on his Twitter account:



And if you want a first person account of the ins and outs of McKinty's much deserved win, the man himself has kindly provided one over on his blog. Check it out, tell him he's the champ and wallow in his reflected glory.

I truly hope that the good times continue to role for this scribe.

2 comments:

adrian mckinty said...

Many thanks for the hup ya.

I have learned nothing in this world of tears, no words of wisdom, no advice to pass onto the next generation, except perhaps this:

Do not mix the grape and the grain and vodka.

Gerard Brennan said...

Duly noted, sir. Duly noted.