Saturday 21 May 2011

Yes, I would say that...


I was very kindly invited to do a guest blog over at Paul D Brazill's excellent blog, You Would Say That, Wouldn't You? Stop by if you want to hear me slabberin' about the lack of time I have to write and what I try to do about it.

It starts like this:

A few weeks ago I was Tweeting or Facebooking or LinkedIning with Paul D Brazill (the dude gets around so it’s hard to keep track) and I happened to mention that I was trying to give my web presence a bit of a boost now that life was returning to some semblance of normality. You see, last July, me and my lovely missus welcomed our third child into the world. Oscar Brennan. A little blessing; healthy, hardy, handsome as hell, but he also had a killer case of insomnia. On top of this, I was lucky enough to secure a promotion at the day job which brought in an extra slice of bacon each month but sucked up a lot more of my time and energy in return. So my blog, Crime Scene NI, went on hiatus, as did my social networking, but much worse than this… I hadn’t the energy to write.

For the rest, click here.

2 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Thanks for stopping over!

Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

I used write for money, which in the last recession, was incentive enough.

Why not write about the things that are the most banal and that catch your eye and make you laugh?

Many writers feel exposed in the public eye which is like a ball and chain to the imagination.

I would love to know what your bookshop looks like, who comes in an out, are there any criminals lurking in the floorboards. You could even invent a bookshop, as I shall not be coming round to check up on facts.

And nobody could have invented "Kill City" in Melbourne. Even the name so scared me that going into the basement was scary. I've grown lazy and just took some photos as I was too busy chatting with the great sales staff there.

There are signed copies of photos of writers who have given readings there on the wall.

An idea for all of us who like to buy books in shops?