Friday 22 May 2009

Newsflash! Movie Bruen... Once Were Cops


I read and loved Once Were Cops by Ken Bruen. You can read my thoughts on the deliciously dark novel in my CSNI review. So, it makes me smile on this pleasant Friday afternoon to relay some interesting news. It looks like it'll be the next Ken Bruen novel to receive the Hollywood treatment.

Who'd you like to see as the cop protagonists? I'm punting for Colin Farrell as Shea and Brendan Gleeson as Kebar. Bring back the In Bruges duo, I say!

8 comments:

Josephine Damian said...

Yay! Maybe this means we here in America will get to see Ken on the Craig Fergussen show like we did the last time he was in LA getting the Hollywood treatment.

Gerard Brennan said...

Josephine - Hmmmm, I wonder if I could find that on YouTube. I'll have to wait until I get home to find out.

gb

Stuart Neville said...

Congratulations to Ken - he's having quite a year!

seana graham said...

That's great. Who's got a vote on where I should start with his books, as to my shame, I haven't begun?

Gerard Brennan said...

Seana - I think American Skin would be a good place to start. It's a standalone, and bloomin' fantastic. Or maybe The Guards if you want to see what all the Jack Taylor fuss is about. It's the first of the series.

Stuart - Yes he is, and he deserves it.

Cheers

gb

seana graham said...

Thanks, Gerard. I think
The Guards will be easier for me to track down than American Skin at this point.

Corey Wilde said...

seanag, Once Were Cops is a standalone. No reason you can't start there. Me, I started in the middle of the Brant series (with Calibre) and I knew instantly I was on to a good, good thing.

I'd love to see Farrell and Gleeson re-teamed for Once Were Cops. They'd be perfect.

seana graham said...

Thanks, Corey. It turns out that American Skin is available here, so I have a plethora of choices. We'll just see which one pops into my hands first.

And yes--anything to get Farrell and Gleeson together again. What a duo!