Monday, 24 January 2011

The Prodigal Blog


Right, I've been an absentee blogger these last few months but it seems that my home-life has turned a massive corner. My six-month-old son, Oscar, has decided that he would quite like to sleep now. So, he no longer wakes every hour or so looking for a kiss and a cuddle and the house is that little calmer, the whole family is better rested and hopefully I can go back to spending stupid amounts of time at the computer.

But first a quick update.

I've very nearly completed the first draft of my current novel-in-progress, FINAL SCORE. I may have some interesting writing-related news in the next few days. Last Thursday I went to Edinburgh for a writers' development day where I met my agent, Allan Guthrie, and some of his other clients, Kim Elliot, Kate Horsely and (more briefly) Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone. People, I'm in good company. Visit each of their sites and learn a little about them, why don't you?

There's more but I don't want to make this post an info-dump. I'll write about it all in the coming weeks, no doubt.

To ease my way back into the blogosphere, I intend to run a short series of single-paragraph reviews of some of the books I've read in the last six months. We'll see how that pans out, eh? I hope to kick it off with a few words on COLLUSION by Stuart Neville. And with any luck I'll get back into the swing of things and bring you the odd snippet of news before that irrepressible fiend, Dec Burke, reports it. I don't really fancy my chances, though.

Right, now that I've centred myself a little, I better get back to this damn manuscript. I promised myself I'd finish it this month.

4 comments:

seana said...

It all sounds good, Gerard, and I'm glad to see you back in the blogosphere. Very curious to read your thoughts on Collusion, as I've just finished it in the last week or so myself.

Now get back to work on your novel.

Declan Burke said...

Welcome back, squire - you were missed. Even better news about yon novel ...

Cheers, Dec

Alan Griffiths said...

Welcome back, Gerard. Super news on the novel in progress and the very best of luck with that.

Best, Alan.

Gerard Brennan said...

Thanks a million, guys!

gb